Sunday, April 22, 2012

DAY 4: Procrastination

A point that comes up that I'm still dealing with when I decide that I am going to type a blog is procrastination. I have that tendency to want to wait until later to write a blog. I tell myself that I will get it done, but I can do it later. Two times today I decided to sit down and write, but I didn't move myself to write. Instead of writing I went off to do something else. That's why I'm just getting it done now.

Procrastination has been a 'favorite' excuse of mine over the years. I remember labeling myself as a master procrastinator when I was younger. Through these words I had programmed myself as a procrastinator and it became a sort of belief system for me. My belief was that important things can always wait until the last second, just as long as it gets done. I've taken an honest look at myself and I find this excuse unacceptable.

How can anything get done in fact if I am always waiting for the last second to get it done? It isn't practical to let everything accumulate and build up to a point where there's so much to get done that it becomes very difficult to actually get it done. It isn't enough for me to intend to get something done, I actually have to do it through me as me. It's much more effective to nip problems in the bud when they are small so they cannot become big problems. This is how it's playing out on Earth. If problems are taken a look at with Common Sense i.e. doing what is best for all, then there wouldn't be any problems in the first place.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to procrastinate in typing out self-writing and self-forgiveness - instead of doing it as self-movement within the moment I decide to self-write and then self-forgive.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to tell myself that it is okay to procrastinate or wait, that I can get it done later - I realize that procrastination is an unacceptable excuse as waiting only perpetuates the deceptive thought patterns and mind constructs that prevent me from self-moving to make change that is best for all.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to rate procrastination as a favorite excuse of mine to use as a way to put off important tasks needed to be accomplished now only to get done later - instead of getting it done in the moment, straight away, without excuse.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define myself as a 'master procrastinator' - I realize I am not this self-definition I have given myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define myself as a procrastinator.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to program myself into a system of procrastination as waiting to get things done - instead of doing what is best for all in the present moment as self-movement.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that it is acceptable to procrastinate; that it is acceptable to wait to self-write and self-forgive - I realize that the longer I wait the more the thoughts/feelings/emotions compound and compress me, thus it is impractical and ineffective to wait.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that important tasks can wait to finish until the last moment, just as long as it gets done - instead of moving myself to finish the task at hand in the moment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that things can get done if I allow them to accumulate and build up, just as long as I intend to finish what I have set out to do - I realize that intent is useless and I actually have to self-direct and self-move to get things done.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to belief that intention is the same or similar to self-directed movement.

I forgive myself that I haven't allowed myself to nip problems when they are only beginning - instead of when they have become a big problem.

I realize that I am not procrastination.

I realize that I am not a system of believing in procrastination.

I realize that procrastination is not practical nor is it effective in any way what-so-ever.

When and as I see myself reacting to a task that needs to be done such as self-writing or typing up a blog, and instead begin going into procrastination, I stop myself  from participating within the point of procrastination, I breathe and I realize that I am going into procrastination so I stop and employ self-directive and I move myself out of procrastination breath by breath do what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment